Friday, August 10, 2012

Summer #BlogChallenge August 9 - Movie You Like and Why


So this is about a day late... but I get a pass! I have a fussy growing baby!

So yesterday, Kodiak and I watched In Time. This is a sci-fi futuristic type movie. The basis of the plot is that it is a future world where time is currency. As in if you want a cup of coffee... it is going to cost you 4 minutes of your life. If you work, you might earn hours. In the background of the movie, they tell you that you get "free" time until you are 25 and then you stop aging. After 25 you have a year. Now you can give/trade your time for goods or services. People are paid in time, you gamble in time. That leads to 25 year old looking rich people who are over 100 years old. You run out of time... you die. You keep earning time? You live forever.

"For a few to be immortal, many must die."

I like this movie because it makes you think. Kodiak and I would pause the movie to take care of Jilly (feeding, gas, changing, soothing, etc). This means a normal length movie... becomes 4 hours long. Not so bad with this movie because it gave us an option to discuss the movie inbetween scenes. It really does make you think! What would you give to live forever? What would you to keep your loved ones alive?

In discussing the movie, I found myself saying things like "time is money" and "all the time in the world". Cliches we have all heard and know well, but watching the movie really made me "get" them more than I had before.

All in all, I would give it 4.5/5 stars.

♥ Rissa

1 comment:

  1. I remember when that movie came out. I forgot all about it! I think I might need to watch it.

    ReplyDelete