Friday, August 10, 2012

Dinner Tonight! - Topless Chicken Pasta Pie

Well I just finished making dinner and it is one of Kodiak's favorites. I got bored in the kitchen one night about a month ago with chicken, Knorr Pasta Sides - Chicken Flavor, veggies, and some ingenuity.

Personally, one of my favorite dishes is chicken pot pie... but I have no clue how to make it. I'm sure I could look up a recipe, follow it, and end up with a decent chicken pot pie. But lets face it. That's not the kind of girl I am. I wing it. So here is how its done!

Pie Crust:

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Mix 1 cup all purpose flour, 1/2 cup shortening, and 1/4 cup cold water.
  3. Spread in 9 inch pie dish.
  4. Cook for 9 minutes then set aside.


Chicken Mix:

  1. Cook the Knorr Pasta Sides - Chicken Flavor on the stove as directed on the packet. I add a little garlic salt and dried chopped onions for fun.
  2. Cook your chicken breasts. 1 per person enjoying.
  3. Steam your veggies.
  4. Cut up chicken into bite sized pieces.
Both Together!
  1. Mix  Knorr Pasta Sides - Chicken Flavor, cut up chicken breasts, and veggies in a bowl together. Stir until thoroughly mixed. If you're in the mood for some cheesiness, I add some Parmesan cheese in.
  2. Scoop your ooey gooey yummy mix into your half baked pie crust and even it out.
  3. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
  4. Voila! Enjoy
So easy, so fun, so delicious. And quick!
(All of this was typed while pie was baking!)

♥ Rissa

No comments:

Post a Comment