Personally, one of my favorite dishes is chicken pot pie... but I have no clue how to make it. I'm sure I could look up a recipe, follow it, and end up with a decent chicken pot pie. But lets face it. That's not the kind of girl I am. I wing it. So here is how its done!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix 1 cup all purpose flour, 1/2 cup shortening, and 1/4 cup cold water.
- Spread in 9 inch pie dish.
- Cook for 9 minutes then set aside.
- Cook the Knorr Pasta Sides - Chicken Flavor on the stove as directed on the packet. I add a little garlic salt and dried chopped onions for fun.
- Cook your chicken breasts. 1 per person enjoying.
- Steam your veggies.
- Cut up chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Mix Knorr Pasta Sides - Chicken Flavor, cut up chicken breasts, and veggies in a bowl together. Stir until thoroughly mixed. If you're in the mood for some cheesiness, I add some Parmesan cheese in.
- Scoop your ooey gooey yummy mix into your half baked pie crust and even it out.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Voila! Enjoy
So easy, so fun, so delicious. And quick!
(All of this was typed while pie was baking!)