Thursday, September 20, 2012

Breastfeeding Blog Hop: Week 38 – What Clothes Work?


Clothes for breastfeeding... I have lots of options. I have an awesome mother-in-law who helped me buy some great nursing tanks which I love to use. But I don't do laundry that often! So when they run out... here are my other options.

When at home I pretty much have no modesty. For the first few weeks it was bra only. At night I usually am in no top or a tank top folded down so it only covers my tummy.

However, when out in public I do kinda care what goodies are showing. I used to just wear a t-shirt and a nursing bra but I found myself uncomfortable that my back was hanging out. I didn't really feel covered or comfortable. And in restaurants with abusive AC I was COLD! Now, 4 months in, I have finally figured out my alternative!

I usually pair Aeropostale lace top camis with a Target V neck t-shirt. Both are very inexpensive options and both are staples that I had from my pre-pregnancy wardrobe. The cami has a built in bra top that actually works! So I end up pulling the V neck up on one side and the cami down. Maximum coverage!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up. I never considered wearing a regular cami instead of a nursing cami. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! And by avoiding the label "nursing tank" or what have you it totally cuts down on the cost. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how we've all managed to find options that work for us, without investing in expensive "nursing" clothes! Thanks for linking up with the Breastfeeding Blog Hop :) ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done similar combos. I'll also just wear a t-shirt and hoodie when it's chilly. :)

    ReplyDelete